This Institute is primarily run as a fully independent entity but will benefit from collaboration with other organizations and institutions within and outside the region. BIPSS will collaborate with other partners and institutions, to broaden the experience through joint research projects, exchanges and visits.
BIPSS has linkage and cooperation agreements with the following centers and institutes
- American Security project
- Atlantic Council
- National Democratic Institute
- Centre for Naval Analyses
- International Foundation for Electoral System
- International Development association
- Argentine Council for International Relations
- Institute of International Relations of national University of La Plata
- Argentine Council on Foreign Relations
- Royal United Services Institute
- International Institute of Strategic Studies
- Coventry university
- International Alert
- Universidad del Salvador
- Real Instituto Elcano
- National Defense University
- The Institute of Regional Studies
- Institute of Policy Studies
- The United Service Institution of India
- Centre for land warfare Studies
- International Institute for political violence and terrorism research
- Institute of South Asian Studies
- The Consortium for Countering the Financing of Terrorism
- Consortium of South Asian Think Tank
- Centre for Economic and Technical Studies
- Shanghai Institute for International Studies
- Institute of Strategic and International Studies
- Philippine institute for Peace, Violence, and Terrorism Research
- eu-asia centre
- The International Relation and Relations Network
- Consortium of Non-Traditional Security Studies in Asia
- Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance
- University of Glasgow
BIPSS Becomes ISN Partner
BIPSS has recently become a partner of the International Security Network (ISN). The ISN works with its partners to highlight excellent IR/security-related research and is currently promoting material from over 240 partner institutions all over the globe. In addition to a substantial digital library, ISN also produces a blog, dossiers and a Security Watch. It may be mentioned that BIPSS has partnership with several major networks internationally.
BIPSS becomes a CCFT partner
BIPSS has become a partner institution of the Consortium for Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CCFT). CCFT is a key forum vigorously engaged in policy formulation and implementation to counter money laundering and terrorist financing in the Asia Pacific region. The consortium develops public and private sector partnership with government institutions, financial industry, research community and other stakeholders in this regard.
CCFT has established affiliation with several key institutions such as Government of Singapore, The Association of Banks in Singapore, S.Rajaratnam School for International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, World-Check-UK, National Defense College of the Philippines (NDCP) and others.
The inclusion of BIPSS in CCFT is a major recognition to its proactive role against terrorist financing. It is to be added that BIPSS organized an International Workshop on Countering the Financing of Terrorism in Dhaka last August in joint collaboration with CCFT. BIPSS will also undertake some major activities in this critical area of counter terrorism in the near future.
BIPSS signing a MOU with Argentine Council for Foreign Relations
Driven by the essence of greater inter regional connectivity for promoting and reinforcing mutual cooperation, exchange of information and improvement of research and academic programmes, Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security Studies BIPSS) and Argentine Council for Foreign Relations have agreed to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). BIPSS President Major General ANM Muniruzzaman, ndc,psc (Retd.) who is now engaging in weeks long lecture tour in Argentina will represent BIPSS at the signing ceremony. The purpose of the MOU between the BIPSS and Argentine Council for Foreign Relations is to improve the scientific and academic levels of the two Institutes, to promote and intensify the friendship and the mutual understanding between the peoples of the two countries in general, and the two Institutes in particular.